Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Good Bye 2008, Hello 2009

Thinking back on 2008, I have a lot of memories....good and bad. Look out, cuz I'm gonna share them with you.

I brought in 2008 at my good friend MB's house, with some friends from the mom's group. It was fun. Wish I was doing that again this year!

Maddi turned 6 in February. She had a Libby Lu party. Steve and I became addicted to Komets Hockey.

A friend and I kidnapped our friend MB for a night of laser tag and dinner at IHOP for her birthday in March. Boy was she shocked when I pulled out the blindfold and hand cuffs! March also brought about a bad time with my mom and sister. I didn't speak to either of them until sometime during the summer.

Cassi hit the big 1-4 in April. It's hard to believe that I have a kid that old! It makes me wonder where all the time has gone. I lost my Aunt Kaye this month too. She was a fabulous person. Cassi got Kaye's red hair. My best friend Jennie had her second child, Makayla Marie on April 14th.

I hit a really rough patch in May. I still can't talk about a lot of it. It led to some of the drama that spilled over into June.

June brought about a devastating time for me. I lost a great friend during that time. Luckily, we have since made amends and our friendship is continuing to grow (I think). I let Cassi have some freedom begining with June, too. She went to Kentucky for almost the whole summer.

We moved into Katrina's house on July 15th. It was a blessing. We needed to get out of the other house and there wasn't anything decent for rent. Falling into this house was awesome!

Ahhh....August! We really pulled one over on Cassi... she didn't know we moved! We picked her up in Michigan and drove her to the new house. She was ecstatic! Steve turned 31. I missed going home to Chelsea for the fair. School started (I now have a FRESHMAN!) Steve started his new job at AquaTech.

I find out that my mom has Lung Cancer in September. I'm barely holding things together, but my friends and hubby-guy are there to support me. Mom makes it thru her surgeries with some difficulty, but is alive. I lost 2 people who I thought were like family to me. I can forgive you for lots of things, but I can only do it so many times. I reached my limit when they did me wrong while my mom was fighting for her life.

After 31 days in the hospital, with many ups and downs, my mom is finally cleared to go home on October 29th. Gabbi and Maddi are doing great in school according to report cards and conferences. Cassi too, although I get weekly reports with her, not just 9 week reports. Steve and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. I love him now even more than I did then! Steve and I smoked our last cigarette. (at least to this date)

Hmmm....I can handle turning 34 this November, it's turning 35 next November that I'm worried about! Thanksgiving was good. We ate with his parents at their house.

And that brings me to December. Gabbi turned 9. The DeRose's Family Christmas Party was fun...I won the door prize. :) We had a great Christmas.

I guess that's the recap for this year. There were lots of ups and downs, twists and turns. I can only hope and pray that 2009 will bring even better things for my friends and family. God Bless Us All!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright I Have One Of Those Lives 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .