Thursday, January 22, 2009

Same Old Song And Dance

I really haven't had a whole lot to say lately. I'm just trying to stay drama free by limiting who I'm socializing with.

I finally talked to that "friend"...she still seems to think that there is no problem. I'm glad that she's ok with what has gone on between us, but I'm not. It isn't for me to judge her actions, but for me to accept them and move on in my own way. I haven't forgiven her by any means, although I'm just about done with the feelings I had towards her. We do have several friends in common, but I can choose to not participate in activities that would bring us together. I'm ok with that to an extent...but I don't want it to alienate me from all those friends. My first test will be this Saturday. I'm sure that I can behave in a nice fashion, but I don't want to be seated next to her. I'm hoping to end up between a few people and her on the other end of the table....we'll see how it goes. If I don't think it went well at all, then I will make further adjustments as I go along.

I'm having some issues with the parents of -M-. Their family was sick a lot over the past few weeks and I only had him a total of 4 days in 2 weeks. They felt that they should only pay me for one week instead of 2. On one hand, I could see their point of view. However, they only pay me a fraction of what it would cost them to have him in a daycare. Nothing was discussed with me at all...I was just handed one weeks pay. I'm more upset that they didn't talk to me about it than the fact that I only got $50. I've been having payday issues with them as it is....the last 2 paydays I didn't have -M-, so they didn't pay me until they felt like it. On top of that, they didn't even bother to call me and let me know that they weren't going to pay me that day. As it stands now, the next time I get paid I will have babysat for 2 weeks without pay. I'm not comfortable with that arrangement. I want to be paid at least one week ahead. That's the way it was before: I babysat week one and got paid that Friday for week one and week 2. That felt like a great compromise to me. I do not like being behind...if she decded to just stop bringing him to me, she'd owe me for 2 weeks and I honestly don't think that I'd ever get paid. I'm hoping to find the courage tot alk to her about it today...wish me luck!!

I guess I had more to say than I knew...LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright I Have One Of Those Lives 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .