Monday, January 26, 2009

What A Busy Weekend! (edited)

This weekend was mad-crazy-busy!


Steve and I went grocery shopping on Friday. We left all of the girls at home so we could get it done faster, since -B- and her daughter -H- were coming over. While trying to decide what to have for dinner, -B- called to let us know she was at our house. We ended up deciding to go out to eat at IHOP cuz no one wanted to cook. -B- loaded all 4 of the girls into her car and met us out at IHOP. The girls ate pretty well and were behaving nicely. It was great. When it was time to get the check, out waitress came over and said she had some good news. Us adults were looking at each other like "um, no dessert here, thanks!" but what the waitress actually said left us speechless...some anonymous patron had paid our entire bill!! We couldn't believe it. There were 7 of us on that bill...I'm guessing that the total had to be close to $50! What a blessing that was! So, I'd like to take a moment to thank that wonderful person for making our weekend! The waitress wasn't allowed to tell us who it was, but that the patron hoped we'd had a good time and enjoyed the food. Thank you, Mystery Patron...we did both, and because of you, I got to buy more groceries! God does work in mysterious ways sometimes!

On Saturday, I braced myself for a marathon shopping session with Cassi. My friend -K- and her daughter -T- met us at the mall. You wouldn't think that shoe shopping would be that hard...but let me tell you that it was horrible! Back before Christmas Cassi found a pair of shoes that she liked at a store called Shi in the mall. They are ugly and cost almost $40. I spent 3 hours at Glenbrook looking for shoes with her. Most she wouldn't even try on... and if she did, there was always something worng with them. I told her that if I was just wasting time by looking around and she was set on the other pair that I just wanted to know and that we would talk about it. She assured me that wasn't the case. However, after 3 hours at the mall and another 2 at other store like Kohl's and Shoe Carnival, I was DONE! I had other plans for the evening on Saturday and needed to get home and get ready for them. She was not happy about that! Here's a pic of the shoes she wants:






Anyhow, I had Mom's Night Out Saturday evening. We went out to eat at The Great Wall, a Chinese place nearby. The food was yummy and the company was fab! I had a great time. After dinner, -B- and I headed back to my place. We hung out and played games here with Steve, his buddy -P- and another couple -J- & -M-. I ended up getting sleepy, so I went to bed. I checked my mail and myspace before hitting the sack. What a mistake that was! Cassi had posted a couple of not-so-nice bulletins about me cuz she was mad about the shoes. Her mood on there was something along the lines of "wanna see my new shoes? they're at the STORE!" So, yeah...I was pissed!

Sunday we went to church with -MB- and her family. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to next Sunday. After church they came over and hung out for a while. I was really glad. I like them a lot and enjoy spending time with them all.

I have more to say, but I am out of time for now. I will finish later :)

I am back to finish this post. I am now furious though.

Cassidy, Gabrielle and Madison seem to have forgotten how to act. The little girls were running around in the living room and Maddi fell and got hurt. I don't know what has gotten into them lately, but I am tired of all their bad behavior. I know that kids have needs and I get that, but I have never allowed running in the house. I have never had as many issues with disobedience as I am having now. This is just great on top of all the crap I'm going through with Cassi. She called and told my sister about the shoes. Which of course, led to my mom butting her nose into it. I am so frustrated with all 3 of them right now! I know that "kids will be kids" but that's not how I'm raising my kids to act. As of right now, all 3 girls are grounded from the Wii, the computers, T.V., radios or MP3 players and company. So much for hosting a Super Bowl Party! Damn, but I'm pissed!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright I Have One Of Those Lives 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .